Monday, April 13, 2009

Crying in the Grocery Aisle!

Who knew it would be this hard? I searched 3 grocery stores and found myself in tears wondering what to feed my boy! I was ready to begin to go gluten free. There are far more products now available due to the rise in celiac's disease so this brought me some comfort. It took a few weeks to try out different snacks. Unfortunately these groceries can get pricey so I always crossed my fingers when trying something new. He seems to love the following snacks:

Fruits
Lay's Potato Chips (plain)

Trader Joes was a saver since I was able to find brown rice pasta and GFCF frozen pancakes (which taste great too!). PCC, and Whole Foods also have many items listed as gluten and casein free. It definitely involves a lot of label reading since "dairy free" doesn't always mean casein free, and "wheat free" doesn't mean gluten free. I highly recommend to parents who are new to the diet to research and make a list before going. I made the mistake of not doing this the first few times which is why I ended up in tears! Very overwhelming!


No comments:

Post a Comment